Website and Content Management System
Ice Energy are the UK’s leading renewable energy heating company and have installed over 6,000 heat pumps across a range of New Build and retrofit sites for Homeowners, Property Developers, Social Housing providers and Commercial renewable energy projects throughout the country.
Ice Energy’s aim is to revolutionise the way people heat their homes and to promote renewable energy.
Ice Energy required a full site re-design to refresh and modernise its current look. It needed to more accurately reflect the company’s ethos and direction.
The sites SEO needed improvement to drive the number of online visitors, enquiries and sales leads.
Ice Energy required online interactive elements and e-marketing opportunities to prompt visitors to communicate with the company.
For the site to remain active and up-to-date a content management system with social media web parts was required.
The site needed to attract more online enquiries and leads, to draw the consumer in and give them a reason to contact the company.
Its Google ranking needed improvement so consideration of keywords, business objectives and target markets was required while writing the site.
The general look and feel of the site needed updating and re-energising.
- MDB consulted with Ice Energy to gain an understanding of the business, its key objectives and what it hoped to achieve from the site.
The website needed to reflect the company’s overall direction and business goals, conveying its key messages and attracting its target market.
Ice Energy wanted to ensure the site retained the most up-to-date information so MDB provided a content management system, giving full control to Ice Energy.
Following initial consultation MDB re-designed the site to reflect the company’s ethos and brand.
MDB has extensive experience with content management systems (CMS) and have built many different types of sites using their current CMS.
The CMS offered many elements including online polls, e-newsletters, brochure request forms, easy-to-use content management controls, version control and secure site management.
The site now incorporated key marketing messages, social media elements, regularly updated content, a design that reflected the company’s brand and market position and an easy-to-use system for managing content.
MDB securely backs-up and hosts the site and its CMS.
The content management system sped up the process of updating the site, reduced long-term site costs, and allowed the site to become more reactive.
Ice energy benefitted hugely from their newly designed, interactive site:
- Data capture tools encouraged visitors to get in touch and request information
- The 'request an estimate' tool offers a new way for users to receive quotes
- Newsletter subscriptions ensure Ice Energy keep in touch with consumers and create new leads
- ‘Order brochure’ allows users to easily request information with little input
- The site reflected a more modern company putting it in line with the business’ vision
- Complete control of the site’s content means ongoing costs are reduced and the site remains up to date
- Measurement tools help Ice Energy to monitor the sites usage and effectiveness
- News and blog sections helped ensure the site remains active